Posted on: September 7, 2017
U.S. Forecast: Watching Florida, Southeast Closely
We wish all of our friends, colleagues, tenants, and business partners occupying South Florida health and safety during this time. Please remember that in extreme weather events such as this, we must follow the instruction of local authorities if evacuations are ordered as a state of emergency has been implemented. Please stay tuned to the local news in your area. To help ensure your safety, please see the information below:
Potential Impact Timing:
- Turks and Caicos: Late Thursday-Friday
- Bahamas: Friday-this weekend; tropical storm force winds may arrive as early as late Thursday
- Cuba: Friday-this weekend; tropical storm force winds will may arrive as early as Thursday night
- Southeast United States: This weekend into early next week, beginning in south Florida Saturday
Orlando International Airport
Orlando International Airport is reporting that all flights are currently operating as normal. Please check with your airline for the status of specific flights.
Severe weather may interrupt electricity, water, telephones, cell phone service, internet, roads, airlines, and other services. If necessary, you may wish to review your travel plans to avoid travel delays. Below are additional things you should have in the event of a hurricane or severe weather:
- Bottled water for each member of your party for at least 3 days.
- Fill bathtubs with water for sanitation and flushing toilets.
- Canned food and dry snacks.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- Any necessary prescription medicine.
- Extra cash. ATM machines and credit cards will not work if the electricity goes out.
- Games, toys, and books to keep children entertained.
- Keep your gas tank full. Gas station pumps will not work if the electricity goes out.
The following links will help you stay up to date with local weather conditions as well as helpful information and resources that are available from NOAA and flight updates from the Orlando International Airport:
MSR Holdings wishes you all a safe weekend.