Posted on: February 14, 2014
The team at MSR Americas focuses on connecting Canadian investors to profitable investment properties in Florida, but when new investment opportunities arise we don’t limit our options.
We’ve recently introduced a hotel investment opportunity in Fitzgerald, Georgia. We acquired this hotel when it was under distress; it was formerly a Vista Inn and was in need of an update and new management.
After completing extensive renovations, converting it into a Quality Inn, and joining Choice Hotels Group (one of the largest hotel franchise groups), the hotel now attracts both business and leisure stays.
What This Hotel Has To Offer
- A business center; access to copy and fax machines appeals to business travellers
- An outdoor swimming pool; great for families
- Free Wi-Fi; a competitive advantage (most hotels offer this at an extra charge)
- Nearby access to shopping areas, restaurants, and several attractions
- Great rates and high guest satisfaction ratings; 91% of guests would recommend this hotel
Why MSR Selected This Investment
- The convenient location played a major factor; this property is located close to the highway and the airport
- Our ability to convert it into the Quality Inn brand was another factor; this hotel is currently the only brand hotel in the city, which appeals to travellers and attracts rewards program members
- And lastly, we chose this property based on the opportunity for high annual returns after investing in major renovations and converting it into a major hotel brand
Minimum investments of $100,000
- Canadian joint venture opportunity with no U.S. tax implications
- Held in a Limited Liability Company (LLC) and shareholders are owners of LLC
Investment Projections (Based on a $100,000 investment)
- Investment returns are based on the cash flow of the hotel as it builds occupancy and equity
- A $100,000 investment receives 5% ownership of the hotel
- A $1m increase in equity is expected over 3 years
- 5% ownership would receive $50,000 in equity uplift (in addition to their original funds) at the end of 3 years when the property is sold or refinanced
>>If you’re interested in this opportunity then complete and submit the form on our contact page to find out more and have a MSR representative contact you.